Morgans Ginger beer has been formulated with a blend of ginger and malted grains to produce an outstanding brew.
This makes for the perfect summer drink, chilled with ice ice or as a mixer with Dark Rum and a slice of lime over ice.
Making 20 litres of Ginger Beer this kit can be used to create but non alcoholic and alcoholic versions.
How to Brew?
Shake can thoroughly before opening.
Non-alcoholic Ginger Beer Home Brew Kit:
- Add 2 litres of hot water (not boiling) to a clean and sanitised container with a capacity of greater than 20 litres. Pour in the contents of this can and 115g of normal household sugar and stir to fully dissolve. Warning - add only the correct amount of sugar otherwise overgassed bottles could explode.
- Add cold water to make up to 20 litres, stir while filling. Stir in yeast and nutrient thoroughly then cover vessel and allow to stand for half and hour. Stir occasionally during this period.
- Assemble sufficient clean and sanitised bottles. Do not add any sugar to bottles. Stir brew again then fill bottles to the normal level and seal. Store bottles above 20 deg C for 2-3 weeks before opening. Use only as directed.
Alcoholic Ginger Beer Home Brew Kit:
- Add 2 litres of hot water (not boiling) to a clean and sanitised fermenter, pour in contents of this can and 1kg of dextrose. Stir to fully dissolve.
- Add cold water to make up to 20 litres, stir while filling. Stir in yeast and nutrient thoroughly. Seal fermenter with lid and air lock, allow to ferment beween 22 and 30 Degrees C.
- Fermentation will take around 6 days at a constant temperature of 25 deg C but will take longer at lower temperatures. Bottle once fermentation has finished and a hydrometer SG reading of 1005 or below has been achieved. Warning - Do not bottle until fermentation has finished, adding only the correct amount of sugar to each bottle, otherwise overgassed bottles could explode. Adding sugar to the bottles is to gas the ginger beer to the right level. Bottle after adding 6g sugar to each 750ml bottle or 3g of sugar to 375ml bottles. Other drink bottles, add 8g of sugar to the litre. Seal bottles and store bottles above 20 deg C for 2-3 weeks before opening. Use only as directed.
- Morgans Frontier Ipa$22.00